Keep upto date with what is happening within the partnership and also other news items that we think you may want ot hear about and share. We will post news about activities and events from Devon and the south west as well as happenings from further afield. Please let us know if you have news you would like to share
Send us your news & events with an image, link to a website and no more than 100 words (all images must have permission of the parents/guardians of pupils shown).
The content of the Twilight Sessions
- Harvesting, cooking, eating: Establishing healthy eating habits.
- School grown produce: enterprise projects and harvest festival
- sowing/planting for winter, putting beds to bed, seed saving.
Growing Devon Schools Twilight Sessions
New for 2019 the Growing Devon Schools Partnership have been offering a block of 3 free practical training sessions for teachers, TA’s and school garden volunteers at schools around Devon. We are currently evaluating feedback, applying for further funding and hope to offer ongoing sessions into 2020. Watch this space for details.
The aim of these sessions has been to support school staff and volunteers to gain the confidence and skills to use the school grounds more productively, for:
- food growing, harvesting, cooking, composting.
- wildlife gardening
- integrating outdoor learning into the school year
- making curriculum links, furthering healthy development, catering for all abilities and learning styles.