- Harvesting, cooking, eating: Establishing healthy eating habits.
- School grown produce: enterprise projects and harvest festival
- sowing/planting for winter, putting beds to bed, seed saving.
The content of the Twilight Sessions
Growing Devon Schools Twilight Sessions
New for 2019 the Growing Devon Schools Partnership have been offering a block of 3 free practical training sessions for teachers, TA’s and school garden volunteers at schools around Devon. We are currently evaluating feedback, applying for further funding and hope to offer ongoing sessions into 2020. Watch this space for details.
The aim of these sessions has been to support school staff and volunteers to gain the confidence and skills to use the school grounds more productively, for:
- food growing, harvesting, cooking, composting.
- wildlife gardening
- integrating outdoor learning into the school year
- making curriculum links, furthering healthy development, catering for all abilities and learning styles.